Type the appropriate letters in the asterisk cells and click Submit.
1. Financial statement showing the nature and amount of a company's assets, liabilities and capital on a specific date.
First word also means even distribution.
Absolutely correct! Balance sheet is a summary of the financial balances of a business entity.
Oh you missed it! The correct answer is ‘Balance Sheet’.
2. A promissory note backed by the general credit of a company and usually not secured by a mortgage or lien on any specific property.
Think of the word 'Debt'.
Absolutely correct! Debentures are long term debt instruments.
Oh you missed it! The correct answer it ‘Debenture’.
3. A written agreement under which bonds and debentures are issued, setting forth maturity date, interest rate and other terms.
The answer rhymes with the word Debenture.
Absolutely correct! Indenture is a legal contract between the issuer and the bond holder.
Oh you missed it! The correct answer it ‘Indenture’.
4. The process of converting securities or other property into cash.
One of the states of water.
Oh you missed it! The correct answer it ‘Liquidation’.
5. A registration statement filed with but not yet approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
First word is a color that symbolizes danger.
Absolutely correct! It is known as a red herring because it contains a section in red that states the company is not attempting to sell its shares before the registration is approved by the SEC.
Oh you missed it! The correct answer it ‘Red Herring’.