Success tips for interview
This is an automated animation and the images will appear one after another.
Most interviews irrespective of the industry are designed to access the key areas like:
2. Level of interest
3. Applicable skills
4. Right attitude
Let us see a dummy interview to understand the dos and don’ts of an interview.
Hey John! How are you doing?
I am fine. Thank you.
Tell me something about yourself?
I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people.
What do you enjoy the most in your work?
I enjoy challenges and I always look for creative solutions to solve problems.
Why should we hire you?
I have a unique combination of strong technical skills and the ability to build long-term customer relationship.
What are your strengths?
I am commitment oriented and hence enjoy the trust and confidence of my team mates.
What is your biggest weakness?
I am not sure, but yeah I can say that I am workaholic and perfectionist.
What do you know about our organization?
Why do you want to quit from your current organization?
I do not like my present organization.
Do you have any question for us?
Yes, what’s the salary I should expect?
1. Maintain good eye contact during the interview
2. Be honest and be yourself
3. Be thorough but concise in your responses
4. Quote specific examples whenever possible
1. Avoid words like workaholic or perfectionist
2. Don't ask about salary and benefits issues in first go
3. Avoid negative comments about previous employers or professors
Hope you have found this session useful! Please follow these tips for your future interviews.